Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blah blah blah

I haven't really been able to write lately. Which, if you know me at all, you know that's not good. I think I've just been super stressed out lately. But I sort of just figured it all out this morning. 

I go back to APU in 6 days. To be honest, I'm not excited. I'm doing this thing called Alpha where I will lead a group of incoming freshman for the first semester and essentially just help them get adjusted to the school. Which is really neat but I have to go back to school 3 weeks early for training. That's what I'm not excited for. I think going back to school, going to classes, having an apartment, being on campus...all of that will be really fun. But for some reason, these early 3 weeks are REALLY bumming me out. 

Not to mention the fact that I leave in 6 days and haven't packed a single thing. Not one. I just feel no motivation. I keep busying up my schedule this week with lunch dates, summer parties, and hang outs with friends and leave no time for packing or myself. 

I think that's been the killer for me...no time for myself. No time to just read a book or be still with God. Man, if anyone's ever had to learn that lesson, it's me. I am absolutely terrible at being still. I've learned how wonderful it can be this year, but then these past few weeks it's been hard. 

Blah blah blah. That's how I feel. I'm frustrated and stressed but don't feel tons of motivation to pull myself out of it. Anyone else? But this too shall pass. I just need some good quality alone time with the Lord and myself. 

And maybe some ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment