Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For such a time as this

“And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” –Esther 4:14

Jesus reminded me of this verse tonight. I think it’s really easy to get caught up in ourselves…in our plan, our agenda, our dreams and ambitions. But something I have really been learning since last Fall is that all of our plans & dreams are secondary to the Lord’s.

Let’s be honest, it’s a pretty painful lesson sometimes. For example, right now I am sitting here thinking about how badly I want to be in Seattle and how I wish I could just go now instead of having to wait two more weeks. Two weeks?? My perspective on that is so twisted. Instead, I should be praising God that He is giving me this opportunity to go in the first place.

I know He is leading me to Seattle. But I also know that He has ordained all of my days for me, before I even came to be (Psalm 139), and that means that these two weeks in Ventura still have purpose. There is a reason I’m still here and didn’t move up there early.

And who knows? But maybe He’s brought me here for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment