Saturday, June 20, 2009

God's faithfulness

So, I've been thinking a lot today about God's faithfulness. I mean, I prayed about getting into this South Africa program for months and months, and now here I am. He is so good and I feel like I've just spent the past 24 hours praising Him for allowing this all to happen.

But then I started thinking about how often I don't remember God's faithfulness. There were many, many times this past year at APU that I wondered what He was doing. The past few months with this whole Raynaud's thing, and now with the doctors questioning if it's Lupus...I still don't fully understand that whole thing, but am learning more and more to just surrender. That God is faithful and He loves us.

I am in San Clemente this weekend. Possibly the best beach in the world and one of the cutest cities on the coast. My family went to the San Juan Capistrano mission today and there were the most beautiful flowers. Everywhere. It was like heaven. And then we came back to our condo, and the ocean was right there. And then it just hit me: God created all of it. From the hugest ocean to the tiniest flower...He created everything. And not only did He create it, but He imagined it. Can you imagine being able to take credit for thinking of the ocean??? He imagined all of it and perfected all of it. Praise God for His creativity and beauty.

I know this is sort of all over the place, but I guess I just realized today that if God loves us enough to create the idea of beauty, He must love us enough to fulfill all His promises. To be faithful when we call on Him and guide us on the path we're on. I want to remember His faithfulness more often and learn how to be that faithful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment