Thursday, May 6, 2010

3:24am

I'm back in the States! It's really strange. I mean, it's wonderful to see my family and to eat In-N-Out again, but it's incredibly overwhelming. I forgot how huge my house is. I forgot how wide the freeways are and how smoggy the air is. I forgot how many clothes I had in my closet. I forgot a lot of things.

It's so surreal to be sitting in my room right now. I'm exhausted. The clock on my computer is still on South Africa time...

3:24am, Friday morning.

But it's only 6:24pm, Thursday evening.

I don't totally understand it yet. It doesn't make sense that, two days ago, I was in South Africa and now I'm in Ventura again. It's as if none of it ever happened. But it did.

Man, jet lag and culture shock and re-entry are a bad combination

No comments:

Post a Comment