Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July, Seattle, & Moses Mabhida

Life has been pretty good lately. Although I have no clue what's going on with this weather (it's freezing, overcast, and RAINING here!)...perhaps God is just preparing me for Seattle :) Haha. But I've had a fun week.

I am still babysitting, which is always entertaining, to say the least. This week, Chloe pulled out her duck costume and put Kian's pajama's on his head, making him a bunny. And I had a blanket over my head being a ghost, and we all just chased each other around the house.


Some of my friends from England, Lydia and Dave, came out to visit and I got to celebrate the 4th of July with them! I took them to Reality in the morning, then we went to the downtown festival and they loved that Americans even dress up their dogs for the holiday :) Then they came to Ventura College and we watched the fireworks. It was so fun to have them come, and see them after a year.

Today, I get to see Lauren for the first time in a month! :) I'm so excited. She's just wonderful. And I'm taking her to Corrales to introduce her to their amazing food, so hopefully it makes a good first impression.

And then on Friday, I leave for Seattle!!!! No, not to move up there... I wish :) Just for a weekend visit, but I absolutely cannot wait. Especially because the high for Friday is 89 degrees. I just love that city. I've only spent 2 weeks of my life there, but I honestly feel like I miss it. Which is so weird but, needless to say, I feel pretty confident that transferring was the right choice.

And to top it all off, I'm currently watching the semi finals of the World Cup and, for the first time, am watching a game played at the Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban which is where I got to go watch a game when I was out there. It's so fun to see it on TV. Oh, and don't worry...a fan just ran onto the field. Hahaha. Man, I miss that place.

1 comment:

  1. So many fun things going on! I'm excited to hear how your trip to Seattle goes - we'll be there next weekend, so maybe we'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete