Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hello, Seattle

Tomorrow's the day! I get to go to Seattle! WOOO!

I'm so excited. I realized today that this is my first time leaving Ventura since I've been home from South Africa. Well, to leave for more than a few hours. The longest I've been out of the 805 since May 6th is maybe seven hours. And I don't mean to sound spoiled (although I am incredibly blessed to travel as much as I have), but I'm getting a bit restless here. Or perhaps bored is a better word? I don't know. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Ventura. I hope to live here someday. But right now...I just feel ready for a break.


It's been a weird two months of summer. I still feel out of place. I still feel rather purposeless. But Jesus is so good in providing the means for me to go on this trip. He knew that I would reach this point, and just need to get away for a few days. To allow for my heart to be refreshed. I am so excited.


On the agenda so far: A Mariners vs. Yankees game Friday night, spending all day Saturday with Hilary & Melissa (two girls who went to South Africa with me), all of us having dinner in my new house Saturday night :), church Sunday, and a birthday surprise courtesy of Katie Hill on Monday. Plus, the weather in Seattle is supposed to be in the 80s and 90s all weekend long. I guess that's why people put up with the rain and clouds all year long... :)

Needless to say, I cannot wait. Seattle, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's going great!!!!!!!!!!! Keep having so much fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete