Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weekend Adventure

Seattle is quickly becoming one of my favorite cities...okay, let's be honest: it has been ever since I first visited almost 3 years ago. Every time I go, I come back even more in love and more excited to move up there. Only two more months! This weekend adventure was full of so many fun things.

I landed on Friday and was shocked walking out of the airport, realizing that it was 92 degrees. My jeans and (fake) leather jacket were not appropriate. Katie Hill picked me up, took me back to the Conkling house where I’ll live for the next two years. I can’t wait! It’s absolutely beautiful and I just feel so, so blessed to be able to live there. Then we went to a Mariners vs. Yankees game at Safeco field! On the way home, we had to stop at Kerry Park so I could see the Space Needle :)

Saturday, we got up early and went garage saling! I was hoping to find a desk, bed, and bedside table for my new room up there but failed in all three categories that morning. Then I got to meet up with Hilary Green and Melissa Daly, two very dear friends who went to South Africa with me and live in Bellevue (right next to Seattle). We got lunch and frozen yogurt in Bellevue—it was still 90 degrees out—and then went to this urban, indie market type thing. I obviously can’t remember what it was actually called but it had so many unique purses, jewelry, clothes…everything! It was so fun. Then we went to the Seafood Fest in Ballard, and then headed back to my house for dinner with Katie! Unfortunately, all my pictures got deleted from that day but this one was saved!

Sunday began with church at Mars Hill and then we journeyed over to the Fremont Market. It’s so much fun! Katie and I ended up finding all sorts of little cute things to take home :) We headed to The Tea Cup (which provided me with my first Rooibos tea in America that actually tasted like South African Roobios!) and took it to Magnolia Park, where we just laid in the sunshine and read. Because it was 7/11, we went and got free slushies, and then visited the Troll which was actually kinda creepy. Haha. From there, we went to Gas Works…it was BEAUTIFUL. It was sunny and clear, with tons of boats on the water and kites in the sky. I loved it.

The highlight of the day was going to multiple different Goodwill’s and finding stuff for my room! I got a chair and bedside table for $16 and THEN! We went to the Goodwill Outlet where I found a desk for $1.99. I’m totally serious. So we took it back, sanded it down and painted it! I love it and still can’t believe how cheap it was!

Monday was filled with adventures and good times. Katie and I went to Piroshky’s Russian bakery right across from Pikes, and it did not let us down. I can’t wait to go back! We walked through Pikes a bit and then headed to the Columbia Tower for a 73rd floor view of Seattle. We got lunch in Fremont and then went to the Theo Chocolate Factory and got a tour! We ate SO MUCH chocolate. It was great :) That night, we went to Molly Moon’s ice cream and I loved it! I can see why people rave about it.

My trip was wonderful. It’s only flaw was that it went by too quickly. But I had so much fun! It was especially fun getting to set up my room; it made the whole thing feel more permanent. Can’t wait for the day that it actually is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment