Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: How you found out about Blogger and why you made one

I found out about blogging through some friends who had them. I always loved reading their updates and seeing what was on their hearts...I suppose that's why I made one. I had a couple people tell me I should, and it just sounded fun. That's pretty much it. Haha. In the beginning, there was not a deeper purpose other than enjoyment. Which I think is okay :)

It's become something really sweet though. I feel like it has given me more confidence in being vulnerable. Somehow, it seems easier to be honest on the world wide web--when you don't actually know who's reading it--than to have a personal conversation and be vulnerable. This blog has helped though. People love vulnerability. There's something so powerful in it. We are taught to have everything together, but that is so off-putting. It's intimidating to everyone else. Vulnerability is the best way to bring people together. To acknowledge that we're all completely messed up and need a Savior. It's freeing. I think one of Satan's most devastating lies is telling us that you are the only one going through something, or you're the only one struggling with that sin. It creates isolation and embarrassment. But being honest about our flaws...that is the most freeing thing for the person confessing and those around them. It brings unity.

Woah. Haha. I don't know how I got to this point. But I think that is what blogging has taught me. It's taught me the beauty of vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment